When you are connecting to the same site over and over again, you'll find that you can save time by storing the connection details in the Site Manager.
The Site Manager is like an address book for your FTP sites. At a minimum, you will want to set up the following for each site that you regularly connect to:
If you are already connected to an FTP server, you need only to do the following:
1. Click the File menu.
2. Select Copy current connection to Site Manager.
3. When the Site Manager appears, enter a name for your site.
Adding an entry for your ExaVault FTP account is a snap:
1. Click the Open Site Manager button on the FileZilla toolbar.
2. Click the New Site button.
3. Name your site (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Enter the address for your account (e.g. bobsmith.exavault.com).
5. Enter the port and server type for your account. ExaVault recommends using Secure FTP with port 22.
6. Enter the username and password to your account.
7. Click the OK button to save your settings.
Using a Site Manager connection in FileZilla Once you have setup your connection in the Site Manager:
Click the drop-down arrow next to the Site Manager button on the toolbar. Select your site. …and that is all there is to it!
There's far more to the site manager than just storing a username and password. When you connect to your FTP server, you may find that you always have to navigate to a certain folder on your computer. In addition, you might find that you always go to a certain folder on the ExaVault server. Either way, you can specify default directories for each entry in the Site Manager.
To specify default directories for your entry in the Site Manager:
1. Select the entry in Site Manager.
2. Click on the Advanced tab.
3. Enter default directories:
Don't see the answer you need? Drop us a note, and our support team will email you back.Send Email