GoodSync synchronizes files between your computer, mobile devices and your FTP, SFTP account. It is a professional easy and reliable software for file backup and synchronization. GoodSync automatically syncs your files between any computer and your ExaVault account. Together with it, you can set up a backup of files from your computer to your FTP ExaVault account.
GoodSync software is notable for high speed and real-time synchronization of your photos, music, documents, videos and other types of files. It runs as a background service that performs in automated, scheduled mode with no user interaction required. Other important features of GoodSync are:
Installation for Mac:
To download GoodSync for Mac, follow this link.
Most users install GoodSync for Mac by opening goodsync-v11-mac.zip and dragging 'GoodSync' contents to 'Applications'. GoodSync also has command line installer, designed for use in automated installs. It is a shell script with GoodSync distribution embedded into it. Download it from GoodSyncInstaller.sh. Follow the installation instructions and create an account.
Installation for Windows:
To download GoodSync for Windows, follow this link.
Windows installer GoodSync-v11-Setup.exe is the program that installs GoodSync. Follow the installation instructions and create an account.
GoodSync synchronizes with Remote File Systems (FS) accessible through these protocols: FTP and Secure FTP (SSH).
To select or change your sync folder:
1. Click the Browse button or folder icon on the left or right side of Sync. The Browse File System dialog appears.
2. File System Type appears in the left navigation pane of the Browse dialog. To change File System Type, click on different file systems on the left.
3. Then enter or edit your Remote Server Address in Address field (Remote FS only), for example, fast-banana.exavault.com.
4. Then enter UserID, Password and maybe other connection data (Remote FS only), for example, fast-banana, password, and port: 22.
5. Then click the Save button to connect to the server and test whether the data you entered is correct.
6. If the connection is successful, the Home Folder of UserID you used is shown and all folders above it. Navigate to the folder to sync within the folder tree.
7. If the folder you want to sync with does not exist, create it: navigate to its parent folder and click Make New Folder button.
By default, your UserID, Password, and data are not encrypted when transferred between your client and FTP server. However, if your FTP server supports FTPS (FTP over SSL) then you can encrypt your FTP transfer. Check Secure Mode box under the Browse button and URL prefix will change from ftp: to ftps: which means that GoodSync will try to establish encrypted FTPS connection to the FTP server.
FTPS has two modes: Explicit and Implicit. Explicit is the default and recommended mode. In Explicit mode, GoodSync negotiates with the server about what encryption to use. In Implicit mode, the connection to the server is open in SSL mode right away (on port 990) without any negotiation.
By default, GoodSync uses Passive FTP mode when connecting because in this mode no data connections from server to client are required and these connections are not allowed by most firewalls. Check Active Mode box only if Passive mode connection is not allowed by the server and if your firewalls allow servers to initiate FTP data connection to the client.
For more information on how to use GoodSync, you can use Manual guidelines on the GoodSync website.
GoodSync has a 30-days free trial, to proceed with paid usage follow this link.
Don't see the answer you need? Drop us a note, and our support team will email you back.Send Email