ExpanDrive is a network file system client for Mac OS and Windows. It facilitates the mapping of local drives to your ExaVault account via FTP/SFTP. When your ExaVault account is mounted with ExpanDrive, any program can read, write, and manage remote files on the server as if they were stored locally.
ExpanDrive adds SFTP storage to Finder and Explorer. It hooks into Spotlight Search on Mac and Windows file search, so you can quickly search your ExaVault storage. Also, you can save your files, photos or videos to your ExaVault account without waiting because ExpanDrive uploads them in the background with the convenience of a mapped drive letter. So you keep working and don’t stop to wait for transfers to complete. With ExpanDrive you can add FTP/FTPS connectivity to any application on your desktop.
To download ExpanDrive follow next links:
1. for Mac.
2. for Windows.
System requirements for ExpanDrive are the following:
1. macOS: OS X 10.9 or newer.
2. Windows: Windows 7 through Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit.
After you download the installation file, double click on the DMG file which you have downloaded. Drag ExpanDrive icon to your Applications folder, or drag and place in a folder of your choosing.
After you download the installer click on and run the ExpanDriveInstaller.exe. Click Yes to allow changes and installation will run automatically.
After you install ExpanDrive you map your ExaVault account as a network drive. Follow these steps:
1. Open the ExpanDrive window and click on the New Drive button and select the SFTP or FTP drive type.
2. Customize the settings. Specify your ExaVault server’s address, username, and password, like:
* Host: fast-banana.exavault.com
* Username: fast-banana
* Password: don't tell it anyone
3. Click the Connect button to establish a connection with the ExaVault account.
Don't see the answer you need? Drop us a note, and our support team will email you back.Send Email
Schedule a 1:1 screen-share to get all your questions answered by our support team.Book a 1:1