In most FTP clients, you get a site manager that stores your server name and password, and probably a few more features such as time adjustment. One of the impressive features of SmartFTP is the level of detailed settings you can set for each one of your favorite sites.
Best of all, when you make a connection in the Remote Browser window, an entry is automatically made into your Favorites for you.
To create a new favorite:
1. Click the File menu > New Connection.
2. Fill out the details for your connection into the New Connection message box:
3. Make sure that the Auto ☑ option is checked at the bottom of the New Connection message box.
Favorites are managed much like bookmarks in a web browser. In the File menu in Connection, you'll see a list of favorite sites that you've connected to.
To edit the settings for a favorite site:
1. Go to the list of Favorites.
2. Click the icon on the favorite site to edit it.
The General page in the Favorite Properties window is where you manage the fundamental details for a favorite connection:
Do you find that you have to navigate to the same folder every time you connect to your ExaVault account? If so, you'll want to set up a Local folder. That way, every time you connect to your ExaVault account you'll be navigated automatically to the correct folder on your computer.
To set up a Local Folder:
1. Click the remote folder box.
2. Click Tools.
3. Click Properties.
4. Under the General tab, click Local.
5. Click the Browse button to choose a folder, then choose On Connect options in drop-down and click Ok.
The local folder is set by clicking the Browse button and choose a folder. You can also enter a local folder by typing it in.
The On Connect drop-down box works as follows:
There are many more features that you get with Favorites in SmartFTP. SmartFTP has a number of advanced features that are well detailed on the SmartFTP Knowledge Base:
Don't see the answer you need? Drop us a note, and our support team will email you back.Send Email
Schedule a 1:1 screen-share to get all your questions answered by our support team.Book a 1:1