Take steps now to update to our 2.0 version of the API.
A notice was sent out if you currently have an active API integration on version 1.2 of our ExaVault API. This version of the API will be deprecated in early 2022. We are encouraging developers to act now to move to the 2.0 version of the API.
New v2.0 API
API v2.0, released in August 2020, was built on RESTful standards to make working with our APIs a more seamless and logical experience:
- Fully RESTful, so you can use HTTP verbs like GET, POST, PATCH, and DELETE to interact with resources.
- Offers new long-term access tokens that allow you to create specific ‘application passwords’ for each of your client-side applications (no more sharing credentials.)
- Provides responses that include ‘relationships’ by default for any objects related to the one you request.
- Lets you make fewer calls to get the data you need.
- Handles errors in a much cleaner manner with the full range of HTTP status codes.
- Returns more detailed and helpful error messages.
- Allows you to take advantage of the new features offered by our updated webhooks.
We have several resources available for you as you look at updating your code to be compatible with version 2.0.
- The full API v2.0 documentation
- Cross-matrix of existing 1.2 API endpoints and their equivalent actions in version 2.0
We will also be looking to make additional guides and resources available during the transition period.
For any additional questions or to schedule a webinar, please contact email@example.com