It’s been a busy spring here at ExaVault, and we’ve got several exciting announcements to share with you as we head into summer!
New Secure Web Client
For the last nine months, we’ve been working hard on a ground-up rewrite of our Secure Web Client, and it’s now ready to go! We’ve incorporated a ton of great new features including:
- The ability to do simultaneous uploads and downloads. You can even continue working with the files on the server while other files are transferring!
- Faster, more secure connections, with an enhanced ability to get through corporate firewalls and an improved ability to deal with non-standard filenames.
- New Transfers, Queue and Console tabs which show you the progress of file transfers.
- A redesigned, easier to use interface.
The New Secure Web Client Is Now Available
It will be progressively rolled out to all customers over the next few weeks. If you find any bugs or have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.
ExaVault Support Library
We recently introduced the new ExaVault Support & Documentation Library with tons of great information about FTP, SFTP and our service. New sections include:
- A basic upload/download guide which you can send to your clients.
- Instructions on managing your account with our Client Area, including sections on sub-account setup and sub-account security.
- Detailed instructions on using popular FTP clients with our service, including FileZilla, CyberDuck, WS_FTP, SmartFTP, and Core FTP.
- A FAQ section answering both basic and advanced questions.
- An protocol reference library with information on FTP, FTP-SSL, SFTP and SCP.
The New ExaVault Support & Documentation Library is online now at
Full International (Unicode/UTF-8) Support
We’ve recently upgraded our systems to introduce full Unicode / UTF-8 support. That means we support file uploads using nearly any language worldwide, including glyph based languages such as Chinese and Japanese, and right-to-left languages such as Arabic. Our new Secure Web Client supports UTF-8/Unicode, or you can use popular desktop FTP software such as FileZilla or Transmit.
That’s it for now. We’ve got lots more planned for the second half of the summer, so stay tuned. Thanks again for your business!