Connecting and Transferring Files with EVFTP
EVFTP is ExaVault's SFTP web client. EVFTP is developed exclusively by ExaVault, and it is designed to provide a simple and secure way to transfer files. EVFTP uses SFTP – which means that your entire connection from start to finish is encrypted.
Connecting with EVFTP
EVFTP Web Client: https://files.exavault.com/
To connect, to your FTP site with EVFTP:
- Browse to the ExaVault Secure FTP Web Client at http://files.exavault.com.
- Enter your Server name, username and password in the boxes at the top of the applet.
- Click the Connect button.
When you see the Connect button change to Disconnect, you're connected to your FTP site and ready to transfer files.
Note: If EVFTP does not appear as it does in the picture at right, update your Java Runtime with the latest JRE from Oracle (formerly Sun).
To disconnect from your FTP server, just click the Disconnect button. You can also close your browser or navigate to a different web page.
Transferring Files with EVFTP
Once you've connected, then you need only to select files and transfer them. EVFTP's File Manager is modeled on the tried and true FTP client layout:
- The files on Your Computer are shown in the left hand pane.
- The files on Your FTP Site are shown in the right hand pane.
Transferring files is easy in EVFTP:
- Select the file(s) that you want to transfer
- Click the arrow buttons in the middle of the window. You can also drag and drop files if you prefer.
You are uploading when you move files from Your Computer (left side) to Your FTP Server (right side). To upload files:
- Select the file(s) on the left side that you want to transfer.
- Click the → button to upload.
You are downloading when you move files from Your FTP Server to Your Computer. To download files:
- Select the file(s) on the right side that you want to transfer.
- Click the ← button to download.
The current directories are shown immediately above the files in Your Computer or Your FTP Server. You can navigate folders on Your Computer or on Your FTP Site two ways:
- You can double-click on the folders shown in the file list. Double-click the up arrow (e.g. the .. folder) to navigate one level higher.
- You can enter a path into the box and click the Change Dir button.