Notifications let you know when something has happened in your account. Have you ever wanted to know when a file was uploaded or downloaded from a folder? If that answer is yes, then you need to know about notifications.
A notification consists of action (upload and/or download) by a targeted user within a folder. When one of the targeted users performs one of the targeted actions on that folder, you'll get an email.
- Events are constantly scanned so the email will be sent out in nearly real-time.
- Notifications cover any targeted event within that folder.
For example, if you have a folder tree with an 'upload' notification for all users set on the root folder (clients):
If someone connects and uploads a file into
/Clients/Client-B/Invoices/2011/, then you will get an email.
- Folder notifications cover connections via SWFT, FTP, SFTP, and FTP-SSL.
- Notifications for shared folders and sent files can be setup as needed too.
To setup a notification on a folder:
- Browse to the File Manager page in SWFT
- Click the 'Actions' menu for a folder you want to be notified about and select 'Add Notification'
Whenever anyone transfers any file in your folder (uploading, downloading or deleting), you will receive a notification email. If you want to change this behavior, simply click the notification bell icon to access the Edit Notification popup.
Editing a notification is as easy as setting one up:
- Click the Actions menu for the notification target folder and select 'Edit Notification'
- In the pop-up window, select:
- The action (upload, download, delete or both).
- The users (all users or pick from a list).
- If you'd like another person to receive a copy of your notification, enter their email address in the field labeled Also CC this email address
- Click the 'Done' button.